Other than technologies related to Food and Energy, Transportation technologies have made greater contributions to human progress than any other type.
I recommend that you read these book summaries in the following order:
- “Creating the Twentieth Century” by Vaclav Smil
- “The Box: How the Shipping Container…” by Marc Levinson
- “Prime Movers of Globalization: The History of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines” by Vaclav Smil
- “Transforming the Twentieth Century” by Vaclav Smil
- “Horses at Work: Horses in Industrial America” by Ann Norton Greene
- “The Camel and the Wheel” by Richard Bulliet
If there is a book that you find particularly interesting, please support the author by buying the book.