Society Type is a concept from anthropology and sociology. The concept categorized societies by how they acquire their food. Because this has been such a time-consuming task for the bulk of humanity, the entire society needs to be structured around this quest.
I recommend that you read these book summaries in the following order:
- “Introduction to Cultural Ecology” by Sutton and Anderson
- “Ecological-Evolutionary Theory” by Gerhard Lenski
- “Human Societies: An Introduction to Macrosociology” by Nolan and Lenski
- “Principles of Human Ecology” by Peter Richerson et al
- “Economic Systems of Foraging, Agricultural, and Industrial Societies” by Frederic Pryor
If there is a book that you find particularly interesting, please support the author by buying the book.