Culture is a very broad topic, and many researchers have used different definitions of culture. The books below focus on the beliefs and values of a people and how they relate to economic development and innovation.
I recommend that you read these book summaries in the following order:
- “Migration and Culture” by Thomas Sowell
- “Conquests and Cultures” by Thomas Sowell
- “World on Fire” by Amy Chua
- “Inventing Freedom: How the English… Made the Modern World” by Daniel Hannan
- “Albion’s Seed: Four British Folkways in America” by David Hackett Fisher
- “Ethnic America: A History” by Thomas Sowell
- “Trust: The Social Virtues and the Creation of Prosperity” by Francis Fukuyama
- “Ethnic and Cultural Diversity by Country” by James Fearon
- “Cultural Biases in Economic Exchange?” by Guiso, Sapienza and Zingales
If there is a book that you find particularly interesting, please support the author by buying the book.