As Charles Darwin has taught us, humans are animals driven by a need to survive and reproduce in a world with limited resources. For this reason, any study of human history must start with biology.
I recommend that you read these book summaries in the following order:
- “The 10,000 Year Explosion: How Civilization Accelerated Human Evolution” by Cochran and Harpending
- “The Story of the Human Body” by Daniel E. Lieberman
- “The Gap: Science of What Separates Us from Animals” by Thomas Suddendorf
- “Is There Anything Good About Men?” by Roy F. Baumeister
- “A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World” by Gregory Clark
- “The Son Also Rises: Surnames and the History of Social Mobility” by Gregory Clark
- “Meta-analysis of … twin studies” by many
If there is a book that you find particularly interesting, please support the author by buying the book.